Tule Princess (aka Hiawatha) heading to Texas

Been to a steamboat rally? Post pictures and tell us about it.
barts
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Otter, Rainbow

Re: Tule Princess (aka Hiawatha) heading to Texas

Post by barts » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:12 am

We rode on the Tule Princess at the Great Delta Steamboat Meet several times while our son was small here in California; the gentle surge of the single cylinder walking beam engine lulled him quickly to sleep. I have good memories of lunch runs in her....

Thank you for giving her a new home!

- Bart
-------
Bart Smaalders http://smaalders.net/barts Lopez Island, WA
Mfoxchicago
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: PS Tule Princess

Re: Tule Princess (aka Hiawatha) heading to Texas

Post by Mfoxchicago » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:59 pm

Good to hear from you Bart. Yes, the gentle "canter" of her motion through the water was the first thing I notice about riding aboard a "walking beam" steamboat for the first time. It certainly could lull a person to sleep. Sort of like rocking back and forth in an old wooden Rocking Chair, now that I think about it.

I honestly never dreamed back in '95 when I first became aware of the TULE PRINCESS that I would ever have the honor and privileged of owning and operating her. This entire process is a dream come true and an answer to many prayers. Capt. Morris, her most recent owner, made it very clear to me that I was taking on a stewardship of a really special vessel which David Sarlin dreamed of creating, built and operated as a product of his life's work. She was built in '83, passed on the Capt. Morris in '97, for 17yrs, and now, comes to me. I pray to serve and care for her befitting her status & pass owners.

Me and my organization plan to aggressively market her to our regional tourists and to the wider Steamboating community throughout the US & Europe. Please come visit San Angelo, Texas and ride aboard her sometime. As you already know, she is a really special lady.

Thanks for the shout out and fond remembrances!
Capt. Mack H Fox
TULE PRINCESS STEAMBOAT CO.
Lake Nasworthy, San Angelo, Texas

Follow us as:
Facebook - @Tule Princess
Twitter - @tuleprincess
Website - www.tuleprincess.com