19th annual Lake Nockamixon Steam boat meet

Been to a steamboat rally? Post pictures and tell us about it.
steamdon-jr
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SL Phoebe Snow

19th annual Lake Nockamixon Steam boat meet

Post by steamdon-jr » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:20 pm

This year was a bit worrisome as the weather forecast had a coastal storm threatening the whole weekend but fortunately only Friday was rainy, 5 boats showed on Friday, all of which had canopies except ours (Phoebe Snow) and everybody honkered down in the comfort of their cars all day talking about boating while I said heck with it and launched the boat for about 3.5 hours before hitting the local tavern for a few drinks and a warm bowl of soup. Saturday a few more boats arrived and Sunday a few more, in total we had 8 boats and 7 model A's in attendance, Dylan took a couple rides in Model A's and once in the rumble seat. On Saturday we christened Phoebe Snow and most everyone was alongside for our achievement, my niece and my son Dylan both broke the bottle together, my son Dylan has put a lot of hours on the boat and enjoys tending the boiler. I took out a fellow for a few hours and he is now interested in building a boat...I hooked another one, he has a bit of steam experience and I pointed him n the direction of builders and info. Saturday evening we had our annual dinner and 40 people were in attendance, after dinner we watched "steambat willie" and a movie of the 1993 Lee's Mills steamboat gathering which brought back memories of a lot of friends who are no longer with us. I hope everyone had a great weekend.
boats in attendance were;

Phoebe Snow----The Fenstermacher Clan (9 in all)
Qualchew----John Fauzio, Gina
Rachael Z----Charlie Roth and family
Aubrey Claire----Tom Battle and his mother
Pro Nunce----John Loving and friend George
Jimmy D----Debbie Daye and boyfriend Tom
Muskrat----Livingston Morris
Margaret S----Fred Rosse

also in attendance without boat was Mike Condax (Catawissa) and Joe Petry (reciproca)

http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/steam ... hristening