PhotoBucket Issues

For quality photos of Steamboats
Mike Rometer
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: B.N.Y.S.

Re: PhotoBucket Issues

Post by Mike Rometer » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:00 pm

cyberbadger wrote: As soon as it's on any public website I consider it possibly stolen.

I just use it imgur because I don't want to fight the limitations of picture size of this forum. That gets really old after the first picture.

-CB
Exactly, which is why I am choosey about which pictures I upload!

If reducing your pics is a chore you're doing it the hard way. I use PIXresizer (free download), and it is set up to reduce to the size required. It then also automatically save them to my "WebPix" folder so I can always find them. No chore here. I can do ten in half that minutes or less.

Most sites now accept jPegs, this one included.

You're on your own with video though, I just don't do that at all.
Retirement is about doing what floats your boat!

A BODGE : - A Bit Of Damn Good Engineering.
cyberbadger
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SL Nyitra

Re: PhotoBucket Issues

Post by cyberbadger » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:19 pm

Mike Rometer wrote:
cyberbadger wrote: As soon as it's on any public website I consider it possibly stolen.

I just use it imgur because I don't want to fight the limitations of picture size of this forum. That gets really old after the first picture.

-CB
Exactly, whIf reducing your pics is a chore you're doing it the hard way. I use PIXresizer (free download), and it is set up to reduce to the size required. It then also automatically save them to my "WebPix" folder so I can always find them. No chore here. I can do ten in half that minutes or less.
It's not about the chore or lack there of. I often don't get the detail or quality I want in 128kb.

Use whatever works for you.

I use youtube for video, imgur for quick web hosting(I don't even have an account there), a blog where I want to curate it, and this forum.

-CB