Lee Mills Steamboat Meet 2016

For the non-technical side of living with Steamboats, videos and general pictures.
Rainer
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Emma and Molly

Lee Mills Steamboat Meet 2016

Post by Rainer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:13 am

Hey Guys,
after a longer absence from this forum I am back to steamboating again. I was able to manage my business trip from Germany to the IMTS in Chicago in that way that I can join the Lee Mills Steamboat Meet in 2016 for some days. I will arrive in Boston at the 7th and could go by car direct to the meet.

Are there any activities at the site at the 7th and 8th already?

Who can recommend a good place to stay easy for less money - some driving distance to the meet doesn’t matter.

Late at the 10th or early at the 11th I will head to Chicago by car. I have planed to to this in two days to get some time for sight seeing also. Are there any recommendation for technical interesting things on that route or a hint for a good night stop?

Thanks in advance for all kind of info
steamdon-jr
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SL Phoebe Snow

Re: Lee Mills Steamboat Meet 2016

Post by steamdon-jr » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:32 am

Rainer,

One place I love visiting is the Cog Railway on Mt Washington, However they are mostly diesel powered now but still worth the ride if you have time.
smokestackmag
Lighting the Boiler
Lighting the Boiler
Boat Name: SL Flying Cloud

Re: Lee Mills Steamboat Meet 2016

Post by smokestackmag » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:38 pm

Rainer, You are welcome to ride with me on Flying Cloud if you like. We (Wife Hildegard Koeningshofer and me) will arrive on Friday Sept 9. You must ride on the sister Ship to Tiamat!
Tim Lynch
SL Flying Cloud
Oxford, CT USA
Editor Smokestack