Been a bit quiet lately, this should liven it up.

Got a Steamboat? Then put a link and pictures in here and let us know about updates etc.
marinesteam
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: TBD

Been a bit quiet lately, this should liven it up.

Post by marinesteam » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:08 pm

It's been a bit quiet around here lately. I know I have been lurking for a while as I have been working on an acquisition which is now completed. Spent the last week making a round trip from Colorado to Vancouver Island to pick this beauty up. I'm very excited to finally have my own steamboat.

More details to come.....

Cheers

Ken
Idris welcome.jpg
RNoe
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Cluaran

Re: Been a bit quiet lately, this should liven it up.

Post by RNoe » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:14 pm

SWEET! I look forward to learning more.

It HAS been quiet on this discussion board. Maybe people out steaming?
It's raining here now, but I will try to get out one more time for new prop performance testing. Results will be posted here.
RussN
TahoeSteam
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Wayward Belle

Post by TahoeSteam » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:50 am

She's a beautiful launch. I can't wait to see more photos of her!

We've all been busy me thinks. South of the northwestern border there have been a few boat meets like the California Delta Meet, and others. I've been on a three+ week stint of all steam from working on a Liberty Ship, to the delta boat meet, to back on the liberty ship just barely getting her ready and USCG approval. Sliding in under the wire for fleet week. Literally, LAST minute.

Luckily had vacation the whole time so I was able to put in the work. I think I'll take a vacation from my vacation now.
Kelly Anderson
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Vividus

Post by Kelly Anderson » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:36 pm

RNoe wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:14 pm
Maybe people out steaming?
That's my excuse! I've been at the meet in Eagle River, WI. I can highly recommend it. Next year it is scheduled to run September 9-14.
20230914_094504 small.jpg
It was not easy to convince Allnutt. All his shop training had given him a profound prejudice against inexact work, experimental work, hit-or-miss work.
marinesteam
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

Post by marinesteam » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:49 pm

TahoeSteam wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:50 am
She's a beautiful launch. I can't wait to see more photos of her!

We've all been busy me thinks. South of the northwestern border there have been a few boat meets like the California Delta Meet, and others. I've been on a three+ week stint of all steam from working on a Liberty Ship, to the delta boat meet, to back on the liberty ship just barely getting her ready and USCG approval. Sliding in under the wire for fleet week. Literally, LAST minute.

Luckily had vacation the whole time so I was able to put in the work. I think I'll take a vacation from my vacation now.
Thanks Wes

I understand the vacation from the vacation part. More pics to come. Not sure if I have time to get on the water before I need to winterize so they may be static pics for now.

Ken
marinesteam
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead

Post by marinesteam » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:08 pm

Kelly Anderson wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:36 pm
RNoe wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:14 pm
Maybe people out steaming?
That's my excuse! I've been at the meet in Eagle River, WI. I can highly recommend it. Next year it is scheduled to run September 9-14.

20230914_094504 small.jpg
My grandparents had a place in Rheinlander when I was a kid. It's lovely country, especially in the fall.

It's a bit far from your home port!

Ken
Kelly Anderson
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Vividus

Post by Kelly Anderson » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:34 pm

marinesteam wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:08 pm
It's a bit far from your home port!
That's true, roughly $750 just in gasoline for the round trip (plus some side trips), it made for an expensive vacation, but it was a very good time. The people there, and the chain of lakes itself are both first rate!
It was not easy to convince Allnutt. All his shop training had given him a profound prejudice against inexact work, experimental work, hit-or-miss work.