Hello from Derby, UK

Read this first then introduce yourself here.
Walterweasel
Just Starting Out
Just Starting Out
Boat Name: No Boat Yet

Hello from Derby, UK

Post by Walterweasel » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:11 pm

Hello fellow steamboaters. I say fellow, but I'm not yet at the boat stage. I'm just starting to build a Hasbrouck #1/#10 hybrid, to be coupled to a monotube boiler, if my trials prove successful. Hull will most likely be a Cygnus 15 conversion, at some point.........
I take early retirement at Christmas, so will hopefully post some progress pics during 2018. One of the things I'm looking at is the use of a thermal imaging camera (a little FLIR type) to determine the optimum arrangement of boiler tubes; I'll post some photographs if they look suitable for a debate-provoker.
I've been fortunate enough to receive some useful advice already from steamboat owners across the globe and this also looks like a fantastic resource.
Mike Cole
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Blue Buccaneer

Re: Hello from Derby, UK

Post by Mike Cole » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:37 pm

Welcome to the forum, ask away any questions you may have.

Mike
Mike Cole
DetroiTug
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: Iron Chief

Post by DetroiTug » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:48 pm

Welcome to the forum.

-Ron
cyberbadger
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SL Nyitra

Post by cyberbadger » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:19 am

Walterweasel wrote:One of the things I'm looking at is the use of a thermal imaging camera (a little FLIR type) to determine the optimum arrangement of boiler tubes; I'll post some photographs if they look suitable for a debate-provoker.
Welcome to the forum.

If you like IR images you might enjoy IR images I took of a dry-leg uninsulated vft: http://www.thesteamboatingforum.net/for ... red#p11898

-CB