Boat Name: No Boat Yet

Hello Steamerheads

Post by csonics » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:17 am

Posted on behalf of Shamrock:

Shamrock
Just Starting Out

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:02 am Post subject: Hello Steamerheads
Steamerheads,
Nice to be here and I will no doubt be bumping into some of the Windermere crowd in the coming months and years.

A little history. The Shamrock was once owned by my great Grandfather in 1930 to 34 ish and I believe he was one of the founder members of the Bowness Boating Company.

I don`t own a steamboat but will be building one over the coming months and years. So this looks like a good place to be for advice and soaking up knowledge.

Oh BTW, my steamboat will be 6 to 8 feet in length and of the remote control variety. Does that count??

mcandrew1894
Full Ahead

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:37 pm Post subject:
Nice to see you here too Shamrock!

What kind of boat do you have in mind?

Dave

( steamer)

Shamrock
Just Starting Out

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:59 pm Post subject:
mcandrew1894 wrote:
Nice to see you here too Shamrock!

What kind of boat do you have in mind?

Dave

( steamer)

Thanks for the welcome Dave. My user name says it all. A scratch built plank on frame, remote control steamer model of the Shamrock. That`s my second best option. My dream for many years (and my dads) has been to win the lottery and tempt Roger Mallinson to part ownership of his pride and joy. (once the pride and joy of my great Grandad) Well even if I had the right amount of dosh, I doubt very much if Roger would give up ownership.

But I`m pretty good with my hands too and feel confident that I could build a pretty good scale model that I will soon be very proud of. OK, I won`t be able to take the family out in it for a day or two remember, but maybe something else will do.

I`ve been out of work for the last 3 weeks and my dad is moving back to the Lake district in September, so I`ve been thinking seriously about looking for work "on the boats". I`ve thought about boat restoration, boat building, boat skippering, hiring boats out and in my spare time, building and selling model steamboats and giving sailing and windsurfing lessons.
Anything to do with water and boats has played a big part in my life for years apart from giving lessons and building them. You COULD say, It`s in my blood. Plus I`m at the age now (46) that I`m done screwing about and want to set myself up for the rest of my life... just to be happy with enough to eat and drink and pay the bills.

Happy = Boats +Water. Any boat will do is the answer to your question.

Luke

mcandrew1894
Full Ahead

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:00 pm Post subject:
Welcome!

My Launch just got "done"...if I can really ever be done, this year.

Big dream of mine too.

Dave