Interesting Deathtrap Steamer Trike in Russia?

A section for all non-Steamboat things and machinery - Steam vehicles, trucks, plant, cars etc...
cyberbadger
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SL Nyitra

Interesting Deathtrap Steamer Trike in Russia?

Post by cyberbadger » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:57 am

This has been at the top of smokstak.

Very interesting, it's admirable that it moves under it's own power.

Scariest looking boiler I've seen in use.

-CB
Lopez Mike
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: S.L. Spiffy

Re: Interesting Deathtrap Steamer Trike in Russia?

Post by Lopez Mike » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:03 pm

Dear lord! I predict either a long or a very short career for him. To think, the U.S. thought they had just dropped the largest bomb in Afghanistan! And he has a boat too!

I like that it is not condensing. One of the big things I like about Fred's stern wheeler is the slow exhaust. Single acting. Needs to be with a trunk piston. How about it Bart? Is it a uniflow?

Interesting that he seems to need to stand up to work the throttle. Must be a batch loader as I see no attempt at a feed water system. I'm not sure but I think the reason he is over on the wrong side of the street sometimes is the rather primitive steering. And the welding looks just like mine.
If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.
Dalai Lama
Akitene
Warming the Engine
Warming the Engine
Boat Name: No Boat Yet

Re: Interesting Deathtrap Steamer Trike in Russia?

Post by Akitene » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:59 pm

This young Russian genius takes any chance available to leave this world in a huge plume of steam. Image

The guy seems to have no fancy precision tooling, all of his engine seem to be made with but a stick welder and an angle grinder Image which is quite an achievement. Image