FOR SALE IN 2015 BELLISS COMPOUND ENGINE

The place to put an advert for thing you want to sell, buy or swap.
steamboatjack
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: grayling

FOR SALE IN 2015 BELLISS COMPOUND ENGINE

Post by steamboatjack » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:11 pm

AVAILABLE FOR SALE IN 2015
Brand new Belliss compound engine. This is probably the last available new engine of this type, a copy of the 15 IHP G.E. Belliss compound, based on the original engine from the nineteenth century with cylinders 3.375 + 5.75 x 5 ins and is capable of 15 IHP at realistic speeds (175PSI & 350 RPM) The engine is being finished to a high standard and will be fitted with a positive lubrication system and lever driven feed and air pumps.
The crankshaft is of high quality solid construction with built in thrust collars. The original engine used for patterns etc. is fitted in “Odile” and there are two other copies in USA & Canada fitted in “Persephone” & “Arezoo” The first photograph shows Persephone's engine, (with kind permission of Wash Konke) The second photograph shows the current progress of the new engine.

Call John Maltby 01768352025 (UK) OR e-mail steamboatjack.
S. Weaver
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: SL Iona

Re: FOR SALE IN 2015 BELLISS COMPOUND ENGINE

Post by S. Weaver » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:22 am

Uncle Jack, these are just beautiful. I admire your craftsmanship and wish that I was in a position to reimburse your labour.
Steve
steamboatjack
Full Steam Ahead
Full Steam Ahead
Boat Name: grayling

Re: FOR SALE IN 2015 BELLISS COMPOUND ENGINE

Post by steamboatjack » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:28 am

Thanks. however please note the engines in Persephone & Arezoo are not my work, they were finished by the late Alex Richie. The photo is there because they are basically the same engine.
Regards Jack